- O1.1. To define the market niches and evaluation of the user/consumer demand analysis for the technology and the products in order to define a marketing strategy.
- O1.2. To evaluate the legislation in force in EU framing the products and processes developed in the project.
- O1.3. To solve the identified market barriers for the innovative products.
- O1.4. To determine the consumer needs and effective demand for the products being developed (particularly starting from the Italian and Spanish consumers).
- O1.5. To determine the technical and economic feasibility of the process before scaling and propose the possible alternatives for continuous improvement and costs optimization.
- O1.6. To evaluate the environmental, economic, and social impacts of the EcoPROLIVE innovative processing.
1.1 Market analysis
1.2 Technical and economic feasibility study
1.3 Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment
- O2.1. To optimize the overall process by testing the different variables of operating parameters (temperature, time, pressure), and evaluating the effect on the product characteristics (nutritional quality, sensitive phenols), and the technical and economic indicators.
- O2.2. To validate results at different scales (lab and pilot) on the product quality and economical and technical performance.
- O2.3. To define the final process design optimizing the costs without compromising the quality and technical performance.
- O2.4. To obtain first prototype products that are safe for the consumer.
2.1 Process design and optimization of 1st stage process
2.2 Process design and optimization of 2nd stage (SFE)
2.3 Process integration
- O3.1. To characterize the chemical and nutritional composition of every input and output material resulting from each operational step of the EcoPROLIVE innovative processing.
- O3.2. To demonstrate the added value (potential health effect) of the products (functional oil, functional ingredient, functional bakery product).
- O3.3. To select the best performing food matrix (flour characteristics and milling conditions) and baking conditions for the functional food product development.
- O3.4. To determine the final product formulation for effective functionality and sensorial acceptance.
3.1 Characterization of raw materials and products from the 1st stage process
3.2 Characterization of products from the 2nd stage process
3.3 Bakery product development with the functional ingredient
3.4 Bakery product characterization (biscuit, breads)
- O4.1. To provide the prototype machinery specifically designed according to the innovative processing needs.
- O4.2. To demonstrate the technical feasibility of the innovative processing at two different operational environments (Spain, Greece).
4.1 Process prototyping, equipment acquisition and assembly
4.2 Process validation at an operational environment
4.3 Process control design
- O5.1. Development of a dynamic project website linking all generated knowledge.
- O5.2. Practical transfer of knowledge from RTDs to SMEs consortium members and adequate skill training.
- O5.3. Protection of the Intellectual Property (IP).
- O5.4. Successful Exploitation of the project results in each business plan/case (Olive oil mill, SFE extraction plant, Food Machinery company, Food/Pharma/Cosmetic Industry) with an appropriate marketing strategy.
- O5.5. Dissemination of the innovative process and products benefits for replication to maximize environmental and socio-economical impacts.
- O5.6. Communication of the project achievements and advantages of the innovation for awareness and Eco-friendly branding.
5.1 Project website
5.2 Intellectual Property Protection
5.3 Elaboration and execution of an Exploitation Plan
5.4 Dissemination, training, and replication activities
5.5 Communication activities
- O6.1. To form an effective organizational structure to achieve result-driven management with Balance Score Card (BSC) methodologies and key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- O6.2. To manage the project data, knowledge transfer for exploitation and IPR issues (consortium agreement).
- O6.3. To ensure that project partners goals and project objectives are integrated, are SMART, as well as clearly defined and visible throughout the project (strategic map).
- O6.4. To monitor real progress and new findings against planned activities (BSC driven by KPIs ).
- O6.5. To identify risks and issue early and agreed corrective action plans enabling a quick decision making.
- O6.6. To setup active administrative and technical innovative management structures (“Lean management”) throughout the whole project life-cycle, ensuring timely delivery of all the management and technical reports to the EC.
6.1 Kick-off meeting organisation
6.2 Consortium Agreement development and amendments
6.3 Establishing the project Management Structures
6.4 Overall management of EcoPROLIVE